Kilometre, also known as Kilometre Browser, is a file manager for Mac OS X. It provides some features that are hidden or not supported by the Finder.
In particular, it can:
- Show and rename invisible files.
- Change the file visibility, lock and stationery attributes, type and creator, Unix permissions, owner and group.
- Show the file creation date, modification date and backup date.
- Give you the option to merge or fully replace a pre-existing folder when copying a folder with the same name.
Download the current version: KILOMETRE 1.3.1 (compatible with both Intel and Power PC microprocessors running Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher).
If you are using an older Mac OS X version, or if you have other problems with the current release, you may also try one of our older releases.
- You may use this software for free. However, it is copyrighted software, owned by Faustic Inferno SL and Alejandro Castro García.
- This software comes with no warranty, to the extent allowed by law.
- You may redistribute unmodified versions of this software, but you may not charge for them. You are allowed to charge for the media and for your distribution costs, but it must be clear to the recipient that he or she is paying for those services, not for the use of this software.
- You may not redistribute modified versions of this software.
Notes about Kilometre 1.3.1
(Released July 2012)
What's new in this version
- File creation date, modification date and backup date are now editable.
System requirements for this version are:
- MacOS X 10.4.11 or higher.
Known Problems and Limitations
Some Kilometre features require the Finder to be running:
- Make alias file.
- Show file in Finder.
- Edit Spotlight comments.
- Import classic comments / export MacOS X comments.
- Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion: System functions to access the desktop database seem not to work in Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion. Kilometre needs the desktop database to retrieve and modify classic comments. Because it's very improbable that Apple will repair these obsolete functions, restoring support for classic comments would require trying some alternative method. As demand for this feature is probably very low, we have no current plans to work on this.
If you have any questions or comments about Kilometre, or if you want to report any bugs, you may contact us by e-mail at the following address:
You may also join our user area, where you can not only voluntarily pay for the work we have already done, but you may also request that new features are added and only pay if and when you are satisfied about the result.
Look and Feel: we expect to revise the look and feel little by little and make it improve with every new release.
New features: we are planning to add new features as we detect new needs. Higher priority will be given to requests from users at our user area, especially from paying users. Registration is free.
Copyright © 2014 FAUSTIC INFERNO SL. All rights reserved.